Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weekly Menu - Week 1

Many years ago, a friend of mine told me she'd pay me to share my weekly menus.  She didn't mind the cooking part, it was the thinking and gathering of recipes that totally wore her out and discouraged her.  I'll admit that I, too, get in a rut from time to time, but for the most part, I truly do enjoy it.  With the wonderful worldwide web and the influx of food blogs, I am rarely at a loss for inspiration.  My "to try" list seems never-ending.  In fact, sometimes I get somewhat overwhelmed with all the choices.  But that's a good problem to have!


So it's taken me many years, but I've finally gotten around to heeding her request.  I'm going to start posting my weekly menu, complete with links, a shopping list, and any other tips I think you might need.  I'd love your feedback as to whether or not this is something that is helpful or inspirational to you.  With all the daily chores and stresses out there, I'd love to help lighten your load even just a tiny bit.  


*Please note that my mom graciously cooks for us one day a week.  If you don't have this service, I suggest you befriend someone else's mom, a neighbor, or a friend to share the duties with.  It's amazing what just 1 day can do for your psyche!  And no, my mom is not for hire.

I'm posting this in the middle of the week to allow you time to gather the necessary ingredients, make modifications to suit your family, and to get your ducks in a row.  Preparedness is key here!
                 {Print menu(with links)}       {Print grocery list}


Some notes:
The Thai Shrimp Bites make quite a few but trust me, you'll want to eat them all.  You will have about a half of a package of wonton wrappers left, but never fear, those can be thrown in the freezer for the next time you make these delicious bundles.  These can also be made several hours ahead, which I love!


The Creamy Chicken Taquitos are also a great one to make ahead.  They are even freezable.  I use  
You will have 4 biscuits remaining if you follow the Sweet Potato Biscuit Sandwiches to the letter.  I will not be adding the ham or the coffee glaze.  I'll be drinking my coffee instead :)  

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. You read my mind - I was going to "hire" your mother. Your blog is really well designed. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how organized this is!! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete