Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't want their to be any doubt in your mind, we consume our fair share of sweets at our house.  I have quite the sweet tooth and I blame my mother for that.  We didn't have a dessert every night growing up but neither my mom, nor I can end our day without a dose of sugar.

Wes informed me a while back that his favorite dessert was cookies.  I like cookies but cake tops the list for me.  But being a good wife (and the fact that his birthday is coming up), I decided to oblige and made these chocolate chip cookies.  I get tired of the same old, same old, so I spiced them up a bit by adding almond butter.

They came out delicious and very soft.  I prefer a soft cookie to a crispy one, so I much appreciated the texture.  The almond butter flavor was not as powerful as I'd like it but it was subtle enough that I could at least taste it.  I think the original recipe yielded 40 cookies but I must have made mine bigger because I only got about 2 dozen.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
slightly adapted from The Pastry Affair


1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup almond butter (I used chunky)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat until smooth. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Secret Recipe Club

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a delicious recipe, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seen your wonderful blog via this recipe on Manu's Menu with the Secret Recipe Club. Finally making some peanut butter cookies for my kids during their hols just now and so great to see this. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete