Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ribbit, Ribbit


I'm happy to report trick-or-treating went off without a hitch! Not only that, Colin actually enjoyed it and eagerly went door to door. No words, just taking candy. I tried to get him to say thank you every time but I'm not sure how successful I was. It only took him 2 houses to get the hang of it. The first house gave him candy and at the second house he tried to give the man the candy the first house had given him. He was just trying to share - how precious!

Thank heavens for his 2 older nieces who showed him the ropes. He loves these girls and does whatever (within reason) they tell him to do. Kiara, the oldest, just takes him under her wing and mothers him and watches over him as if he were her own. He loves older kids and I think these 2 girls are a big reason why.

We didn't see a Chick-fil-a cow but we did see a dad dressed as a king with his 2 princesses. Colin quickly told me he didn't want to go to the king or princesses house. He was also quite disturbed by one of our neighbors wearing a mask. Yep, still hearing about that one today. I guess the fact that his little mind is a sponge can also prove to be a bad thing!

All in all, it was a fun night for all of us. Colin got to collect things he'll never eat, I got to witness my adorable frog trick-or-treating for the first time, and Wes got to go to a football game (we lost but that's another story). I knew I had done something right when the first, and only thing, Colin wanted out of his bucket was a box of raisins! Don't think I didn't thank that mother for the healthy alternative. I also thanked the goldfish lady and my friend who passed out granola bars (not the healthiest thing in the world but better than candy).

I'm already looking forward to next year and since I had such fun finding a costume this year, maybe I should start looking now! Wes has already warned me that I only get to pick them out a few more years - until Colin knows enough to start making requests. Here are a few shots from the evening.

Nervously watching the kids coming up the street.

His first trick-or-treat house!

And we're off.

2 comments:

  1. Um ... how cute is he? Super adorable! LOVE it!

    And it cracks me up ... your story about the raisins ... wait until you read my story - we could be twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, he's the cutest little froggy ever :) I love that he tried to share his candy, this is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete